Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Tournaments


Ice Vault Holiday Classic
(Dec. 21st-3oth)

The favorite team here definitely has to be Don Bosco. They will be challenged, and possibly upset when they play arguably the best public school in the state, Morris Knolls on Monday night.
My Pick: Don Bosco

Jefferson Tournament (Dec. 27th-30th)

This is probably the best overall tournament. Everyone of these games will be good ones. I'm curious to see how Ridgewood will do against better competition.
My Pick: Chatham

Montclair Holiday Invite (Dec. 26th-30th)

There are six teams from 4 different leagues, this tournament should give a good idea of how other leagues compare against each other.
My Pick: Montclair

South Mountain Invite (Dec. 26th-30th)

I really would like to see Verona vs Mountain Lakes in the finals here. Their 8-8 tie last week, was really a battle. Both teams are on the bubble for making the top 10, and this tournament could prove something.
My Pick: Mountain Lakes

Bridgewater Tournament (Dec. 27th-30th)

The best games in this tournament will be in the first two rounds. This is because Ridge plays Howell, and Middletown South plays Roxbury in the first round, and all four teams are on the same side of the bracket.
My Pick
: Middletown South

Winding River Holiday Tournament (Dec. 27th-30th)

A two division tournament that consists of all shore teams. Division A consists of two top ten public teams. The game to watch is Brick Township vs Toms River South.
My Pick: Toms River South

Passaic County Tournament (Dec. 27th-30th)

One of the most popular tournaments in the state. May not be the best, but Floyd Hall Arena is always packed for these games. Wayne Valley has the #1 rank and a bye into the second round, lets see what they can do with it.
My Pick: Depaul Catholic

Bayonne Tournament

A small 4 team tournament. All games will be played at Bayonne high school's rink.
My Pick: Bayonne
Sussex Cup (Dec.26th, Dec. 30th)

An Annual tournament that consists of 4 teams. Sparta has held the cup for the past 3 years.
My Pick: Sparta

Charles H. Housley Classic

All 4 of these teams play in the North conferences. All games will be played at the Ice House in Hackensack.
My Pick: Pascack Valley

Hamilton Hornet Holiday Invite (Dec. 26th-30th)
A 3 game round robin tournament that consists of 6 teams. A championship game at Lawrenceville Prep should be a fun one.
My Pick: Jackson Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment